Join GDCNC! Frequently asked questions, and membership application.
Want to join our Club? Have a chance to get to know people who share your Great Dane interests? If you'd like to become a member, it's easy. Here are some of the frequently asked questions and answers about membership.
- Can anybody join the Great Dane Club of Northern California (GDCNC)?
- This is not a "by invitation only" club. Anyone can can submit an application to the join the club with the requirement that you have two sponsors who have known you for a period of at least six months. Your application will be reviewed at a meeting, published in two GDCNC newsletters, and then voted on.
- Do I have to have a Great Dane to join?
- No. We encourage anybody interested in our breed to join. It's a great way to meet Great Danes and their people.
- What's the best way to meet Club members and find sponsors for my membership application?
- The Calendar on our website shows our coming meetings and other events. Plan to attend one of them -- or come to see Great Danes at a dog show -- and introduce yourself to club members!
- I'm interested in joining GDCNC, but I'd first like to attend a meeting. Can non-members attend?
- Yes! Our meetings -- with the exception of the business meeting that's held in November -- are open to everyone.
- When does the Club meet?
- We have at least six meetings per year. We usually meet monthly in the first part of the year while planning our back-to-back specialty shows in April. Once the specialties are behind us, we meet less frequently.
- Where are meetings held?
- Meetings are usually held in Stockton, but occasionally we meet after Great Dane judging is completed at dog shows.
- What responsibilities do members have?
- Responsible members follow the GDCNC Code of Ethics, pay their dues on time and are encouraged to support the Club's activities by being actively involved.
- Is there a requirement that members attend meetings?
- We recognize that many members live a considerable distance from where our meetings are held. There is no requirement to attend our meetings, but we certainly hope to see you there sometime!